Helping Youth Enjoy Sports Through Financial Assistance
Below, are organizations that help youth enjoy sports by providing financial assistance to families who cannot afford sports registration.
KidSport – Niagara
The KidSport™ program helps under-serviced children and youth break through the social and/or economic barriers preventing or limiting their participation in organized sport and physical activity. This is accomplished through the distribution of registration fees and equipment grants. Preference is given to athletes being introduced to sport for the first time.
Project Share – Jumpstart Partner
Project SHARE is a Niagara Falls partner for Canadian Tire Jumpstart. The program assists children ranging from age 4 to 18 with the cost of playing organized sports and recreational activities up to $600 per child per year.
Niagara’s ProKids program supports the participation of eligible children and youth in the sport, recreational or cultural activity of their choice. ProKids can help in covering up to $100 of the cost of recreational/cultural programs.
ProKids is managed in collaboration with the YMCA of Niagara and a Community Advisory Council. More than 200 businesses and agencies provide supports to the ProKids program to ensure that children and youth are able to take part.
Niagara Falls Activity Subsidy Fund
Administered by the Recreation Committee, this fund provides subsidies to individuals requiring financial assistance to participate in community recreation opportunities. Funding requests are considered throughout the year for both organized team activities as well as for individual recreation pursuits. The funds help assist with costs associated to registration and equipment.
Matthew Daniele Memorial Fund
In memory of Matthew Daniele, this fund provides families in need the opportunity to participate in recreational activities and local sports. Local sporting organizations and leagues contact the fund on behlaf of the families.
- Who is eligible: children 0-17 years, family income less than $40,000
- Contact: (905) 984-6900, ext, 3797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Catharines FAIR
The FAIR program assists City of St. Catharines residents living in low income opportunities to participate in group recreation and leisure activities provided by the City.
Type of assistance available:
- 50 per cent discount on all registered programs (preschool, child, youth or teen) provided by the City of St. Catharines (maximum four programs per person per calendar year)
- 50 per cent discount on a registered adult program provided by the City of St. Catharines (maximum four programs per person per calendar year)
- 50 per cent discount on an individual swim pass for up to a 12 month period?
- 50 per cent discount on a membership to the City of St. Catharines Older Adult Centres